Here is our current updated prayer list.
Prayer list September 2020
To add names to the prayer list and to share news items in our regular bulletins please contact John Beauchamp on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02072267526
• Pray for young people as they go back to school and transition back into school life after months away.
• Pray that Urban Hope can find ways to continue to support young people in the schools.
• Pray for partnerships that we are building so that we can better support young people while they are in school.
• Pray for young people whose mental health has suffered during lockdown and for those that are anxious about returning to school and being in large groups.
• Pray for the interviews for a female youth worker that are taking place this month.
• Pray for planning and vision for how Manna can continue to serve the most vulnerable as pandemic restrictions are slowly eased.
• Pray for all those whose mental health has suffered due to lockdown and isolation over past months.
• Pray for all who have been accommodated in hotels as they face the uncertainty of continuing accommodation and feel that the future is out of their control.
• Pray for the Manna staff and volunteers who have given so much during the pandemic.
• Pray for those who are unwell and those who support them: Mary Allen, Mary Fergus, Joy Maitland, Vivian Mehmet, Bryan Gault, Joyce Lowe, Stephen Spencer, Carol Mellor, Tish Gleadall, Terry Barber, Jeffrie Strang, Fola Faleti. Also for all mourning the loss of loved ones.
• Pray for people willing to be new Church Wardens, Deanery Synod representatives and PCC members this year.
• Pray as we work out how we can slowly restore more of the life and worship of the church over the next few months.
• Pray that the church across the world can respond to the Coronavirus pandemic with words and actions of hope. Pray for church leaders, that they may speak words of wisdom above the political wrangling and point scoring that is always going on.
• Pray that open and honest conversations can begin about issues of racism in society and the church. Pray for community and church leaders who can command respect and lead the conversation. Pray that this may lead to repentance and action and an end to racial injustice.
• Pray for those who do not have reliable supplies of clean and safe water. Pray for the work of ‘Water Aid’ as we support them through or harvest appeal.
• Pray for all refugees and migrants seeking a place to settle and build a better life. Pray for all who are prepared to undertake dangerous journeys on land and sea in search of a new future. Pray for a new understanding of refugees across the world and for compassion and support for all who have been driven from their homes.
• Pray that the glimpses of a fresher, cleaner environment that lockdown brought us will not be lost but spur more people to work for measures to improve the environment in the UK and across the world.