Here is our current updated prayer list.
Prayer List for August 2020
Please pray this month
• For the summer programme and opportunities to reach young people across the community.
• For safety for young people with time on their hands during the holiday
• For the appointment of a new female youth worker.
• For opportunities to return to work in schools in September.
• For Manna as it moves from lock-down provision and seeks new ways of working and supporting the most vulnerable clients.
• For all clients who have found this time distressing and isolating and need to reconnect with support services.
• For all currently accommodated in hotels. For renewed efforts and funding to provide permanent accommodation for all.
• Give thanks for the faithful team of volunteers who have worked tirelessly to support Manna’s lockdown provision.
• For those who are unwell and those who support them: Mary Allen, Mary Fergus, Joy Maitland, Vivian Mehmet, Bryan Gault, Joyce Lowe, Stephen Spencer, Carol Mellor, Tish Gleadall, Terry Barber. Also for all mourning the loss of loved ones, particularly family and friends of Val Bull and Susan Daphe.
• For joy and rufin as they prepare to become parents during August
• For people willing to be new Church Wardens and PCC members this year.
• For a genuine desire to end racism in all its forms and work for justice and equality for all.
• For a world affected by Covid 19 and for all working to develop vaccines and treatments.
• For all affected by the economic impact of the pandemic in the UK and across the world. For supportive economic strategies for individuals, communities and nations.
• For Yemen, Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and all countries where Covid 19 has added yet more distress to the lives of those affected by war and ongoing conflict.
• For Angola and Mozambique and the ALMA partnership through which we can offer support. For our partner church of St Stephen in Luanda marking 40 years since they were founded.